- Environmental Health
- Federal Assistance for North Carolina Businesses
Federal Assistance for North Carolina Businesses
Act Now for Federal Assistance for North Carolina Businesses
Note: Español - https://www.sba.gov/espanol
Restaurant Revitalization Grant: Apply Now!
The federal government has reserved $28.6 billion for restaurants and other similar businesses to help replace lost revenues in 2020. There will not be enough funds for all eligible businesses across the country, so be sure to apply as soon as possible!
Applications open for priority applicants as of May 3. Application period for all other eligible businesses opens May 24.
Priority given to businesses at least 51% owned by women, veterans, socially disadvantaged individuals, and economically disadvantaged individuals for first 21 days of application period.
- Do you qualify? Restaurants, food stands, food trucks, food carts, caterers, saloons, inns, taverns, bars, lounges, brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms, and other facilities where the public may assemble for the primary purpose of being served food or drink are all qualifying businesses.
- What can I use the funds for? Funds can be used to cover payroll costs, payments of principal or interest on mortgage, rent payments, utilities, maintenance, supplies, food and beverage expenses, covered supplier costs, operational expenses, and paid sick leave.
- Apply today using the SBA Application Portal (https://restaurants.sba.gov) or your Point-of-Sale vendor (including Square, Toast, Clover, NCR Corporation [Aloha], and Oracle)!
Other helpful resources:
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
This federal program will provide $16 billion for grants to support live entertainment venues impacted by COVID-19.
- Do you qualify? Eligible businesses include live venue operators or promoters, theatrical producers, live performing arts organization operators, motion picture theatre operators, museum operators, and talent representatives who demonstrate a 25% reduction in revenues in at least one quarter of 2020.
- Priority given to those who have suffered largest revenue losses first.
- What can I use the funds for? Funds can be used to cover payroll, rent, utility, scheduled mortgage payments, scheduled debt payments, worker protection expenditures, other ordinary and necessary business expenditures, operating leases, state and local taxes and fees, as well as certain other expenses.
Apply today using the SBA SVOG Application Portal - https://www.svograntportal.sba.gov/s/
Other helpful resources:
Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Portal Call Center: 1-800-659-2955
Who Can Help You Apply in NC:
- SBTDC.org – Small Business Tech Development Center
- Local SCORE.org – Free peer mentoring group located across the state
- EDPNC Small Business Advisors – (800) 228-8443
- NCRLA - https://www.ncrla.org/
Women Business Centers
- Charlotte – (704) 509-5884
- Durham – (919) 956-2320
- Asheville - (828) 633-5065 ext. 101
- Fayetteville – (910) 323-3377 ext. 30