Adjusted Business Hours - COVID -19
North Carolina to Move to Phase 2.5 - September 1, 2020
Phase 2.5 means the following for North Carolina:
- Mass gathering limits will increase to 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors from the current limit of 10 indoors and 25 outdoors.
- Playgrounds may open.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
- Gyms and indoor exercise facilities, such as yoga studios, martial arts, and rock climbing, as well as skating rinks, bowling alleys, indoor basketball, volleyball etc., may open at 30% capacity.
- Bars, nightclubs, movie theaters, indoor entertainment facilities, amusement parks, dance halls will remain closed.
- Large venues remain subject to the mass gathering limits.
- In addition, NCDHHS Secretary Mandy Cohen issued a Secretarial Order allowing for outdoor visitation at nursing homes or skilled nursing facilities. To participate, nursing homes must meet several requirements, including, but not limited, not having a current outbreak, having a testing plan and updated written Infection Control or Preparedness plan for COVID-19, and having adequate personal protective equipment. The Secretarial Order is effective as of September 4 at 5 pm and remains in effect through September 22, 2020.
Denver Payment Center -
In response to COVID-19 and out of concern for our customers, citizens and employees, Lincoln County is closing public access to the Water Treatment Plant Effective Thursday, April 2, 2020 until further notice. All customer service needs are directed to the Billing and Collections office located at 115 W. Main Street, Lincolnton. For questions, please call (704) 736-8497. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please feel free to take advantage of our utility online payment option available through the Quick Links section of our website, www.lincolncounty.org.
East Lincoln and West Lincoln Sheriff's Offices -
Beginning March 18, 2020, the Adam District and Charlie District Offices will be closed to walk-in traffic. The offices will close due to issues pertaining to the coronavirus. The Charlie District Office is located at 1889 North Highway 16 in Denver and the Adam District office at 3606 West Highway 27 in Lincolnton, NC.
Lincoln County Public Library -
Beginning Friday, September 11, the Lincoln County Public Library is offering expanded sessions
Session times will increase to 45 minutes. We recommend calling your local branch to reserve a computer or time slot as capacity is limited.
Available time slots are:
10:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm
Lincoln County Libraries will be open by APPOINTMENT ONLY starting Monday, July 13th. Curbside pickup is still available and encouraged. Curbside service is available at all branches, Monday through Friday, 10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5:45 pm. Holds may be placed online at www.mylincolnlibrary.org or you may call your local branch to request items.
Parks & Recreation -
Effective immediately, in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Lincoln County playgrounds and park restrooms are closed until further notice. The parks, green spaces, and trails will remain open at this time. When visiting the parks, please continue to follow social distancing of at least 6 ft. and avoid contact with others.
Senior Services -
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak and the recommendation of the governor for citizens ages 65+ and other high risk populations to stay at home as much as possible, the Lincoln County Senior Center will be closed and will not have any classes or activities until further notice. We will continue to work with the Health Department and County Offices as this crisis continues. Staff will still be working and you may call the center for updates. We are sad to have to close, but in light of the growing crisis we want to make every effort to prevent the spread of the virus and keep our seniors safe. We will continue to post updates on our Facebook page and on our main phone line at the center (704) 732-9053
Transportation Lincoln County - Town Route -
Lincolnton, NC - Transportation Lincoln County (TLC) will be suspending the Lincolnton Town Route starting on Monday, March 30th, 2020 until further notice to help prevent spreading of the COVID-19. Any residents having questions in regard to TLC routes can reach TLC dispatch office Monday thru Friday between 8 am to 5 pm at (704) 736-2030.
Veterans Services -
Effective immediately, the Lincoln County Veterans Services Office will be closed to the public until further notice. Veterans Services staff will still be available by phone and email. Veterans Services Website